Monday, November 15, 2010

A Zero Master

Previously I used to admire and idolise those with Master Degree and Doctorate. But I perceive differently today.

Pardon me but I no longer see these holders as intellectual enough nowadays. Firstly, anyone with money can pursue their higher education be it domestically or abroad. I have friends whose results are as average as mine now undergoing their postgrad studies in Europe. Because they have the means to.

Secondly, some people are book smart per se. They suck in interpersonal skill, they have zero general knowledge, they're lousy at public speaking or at least making a good speech, their English proficiency is below average and the list goes on. From what I see, that makes you a post graduate with nothing but a piece of certificate. Not to mention having no ability to write their thesis well. You either hire people to write for you or, the most popular method; plagiarism.

I've been to a convention with around 40 other post graduate students whom on surface at a glance, didn't look like one (except for some). Second, they were as quiet as a stone during the seminars most probably due to their weak English mastery or they're just as lame. Some even snored during the session! You could see the same persons repeatedly asked questions and that includes me!

I could also see they even baby talk in Facebook. Something I didn't see coming from a 25-year-old master student. In my view, some of these people decided to pursue with such degree because they had nothing else to do, or they don't know what else to do, because they think that they don't even deserve to be working for their oh-so-many-flaws.

Just so you know, I didn't do my master by choice. Because I know my direction. And most importantly, I know the fact that I'm so much better than the abovementioned persons.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails